Brothers and Sisters,
Austin Public Health has launched an online Enrollment Form for COVID-19 testing. The new public testing form will allow people to take an assessment to determine eligibility and schedule testing without a referral from a healthcare provider. The enrollment form is available at AustinTexas.gov/COVID19.
To access the form, click on the “Take Self-Assessment” button to create an account and complete a questionnaire listing your symptoms. If you meet the criteria you will be referred to testing. Completion of the online assessment will not guarantee referral to testing. Austin Public Health will continue to prioritize healthcare workers, first responders and people at higher risk for developing severe symptoms. Testing continues to be by appointment-only and tests at the APH testing sites are FREE. At first, the enrollment form will be available in English and Spanish with additional languages coming later.
How the Online Form Works:
- Individuals must create an account at AustinTexas.gov/COVID19.
- The form asks several questions to determine the patient’s eligibility for a test. A person can fill out the form for someone who cannot do it themselves. This information is HIPAA-protected.
- If an individual is approved for a test, the portal will allow them to schedule the location, date and time for their drive-through testing appointment. Patients will only be seen in a vehicle.
- The patient will receive a confirmation via phone, email or text with a QR code and instructions for the testing site within the same day. They will need to present an ID or the confirmation at testing.
- If the patient does not meet testing criteria, they will be able to complete the form at any time to try again (e.g. if their symptoms change the following days).
- Results will be available online in 3-4 days.
Those Who Have Difficulty Accessing or Completing the Form:
- Have another trusted person fill out the form.
- Those who do not have computer or internet access can call the nursing hotline at 512-972-5560 for assistance.
Those Who Don’t Have Transportation:
- The public testing sites are set up for drive-through only. People without access to personal transportation should contact the nursing hotline at 512-972-5560 for assistance.
Additional Resources for Testing from Community Partners:
- CommUnityCare has additional testing resources in eastern Travis County. You can call their hotline at 512-978-8775.
Please share with others. All flyers and information to share in Spanish are attached. Thank you for your support and cooperation.
-Austin Public Health